Trainer Use Guide
***Remember to bring a towel. You will get sweaty***
Located on the 2nd floor of Laughing Dog Bikes (63 S Pleasant St, Amherst, MA 01002)
Laughing Dog open hours
Monday – Thursday: 10-6
Friday – Saturday: 10-5
Sunday: 10-3 *Closed Sundays in Off Season (Nov 1 – March 31)
Off-hour club rides hosted at Laughing Dog (let ride leaders know you are coming!)
- Let the person working in the shop know you are heading upstairs to ride and sign in on the sheet (and out when you are done).
- Please be respectful of Laughing Dog Bikes, its customers, and its employees
- Trainers are open to UMass Cycling Club members + the public
CycleOps Hammer Smart Trainers:
- CycleOps Hammer Smart Trainers can be paired with any virtual training program, or ridden on their own
- There are six 11spd trainers + one 10spd trainer (Add. 10spd cassettes are in the box)
- Remove your rear wheel
- Place dropouts directly on trainer, as you would an actual wheel
- If your dropouts are an abnormal size, use the adapters provided with the trainers
- Insert skewer in trainer as you would an actual wheel
- Plug trainer into power source via provided charger
- Trainers are bluetooth and ANT+ capable. Once plugged in, the trainer should pop up on training software, or bike any computer you are using.
- Music stands can be used for propping up tablets/computers/smartphones.
- After finishing workout, remove plugs and make sure trainer area is clean!
- Zwift is a Virtual Cycling App, where you can ride or race with other cyclists.
- Train (workouts included) and race with other teams in Eastern Collegiate Cycling Conference (ECCC), Northampton Cycling Club (NCC), or other UMass Cycling riders.
- We recommend buying Zwift ($15/Month) for your personal devices (first 15mi free)
- (Coming SPRING 2019) 7 Ipads + 3 Zwift accounts for club use
- Create personal Zwift account + download app on device
- Launch Zwift and pair CycleOps Hammer Trainer (appears automatically – confirm trainer #)
- Choose: Ride Type (Workout / “Just Ride” / Join another Zwifter), Route, and then hit “RIDE”