Interested in riding with the club?
No matter what skill or bike you got, you can join UMass Cycling Club to jump on a group ride to explore, meet new people, and of course, get BIG.
- Come to a club meeting! – Tuesdays at 7:30pm @tbd. Drop in to talk that weeks rides, race weekends, and talk shop
- Subscribe to the Email List– get club updates
- Join the club Slack Page – be flush with all new rides, races, memes
- Sign the UMass Club Sports waiver to participate
- Register as a member on Campus Pulse
- Purchase a team kit on BikeReg or rep some UMass apparel for your first race. Those new to riding, try out cycling bibs; a cushion for your butt. Jorts, cut short and worn tight, are highly encouraged
Wanna Race Bikes? Just a few extra things:
- Pay for a Season Pass through BikeReg – This covers your race entries / lodging / gas. If you decide to race a full collegiate season you’ll be saving ~$450.
- Purchase a USA Cycling license to race – There are two options for USAC licenses: $45 Collegiate Licenses which cover a year of collegiate races, $75 Domestic License which covers a year of all (including collegiate) USAC races. If you want to try a race there are also one day licenses available on site + online.
Are you a woman or genderqueer cyclist interested in joining?
The Pioneer Valley + the ECCC have a great contingent of women riders! At the moment we are in the process of building a women’s team. Check out our page for info, and let us know if you want to go on a group ride.
What to expect + bring for a race weekend:
- We generally leave for race weekends Friday evening, and get back Midday on Sunday
- Bring your bike, helmet, shoes, kit, gear, rain gear, and some money for food. Do not bring any dignity, as it’ll most likely get lost
- Travel, Lodging, and Race Entries are covered by your season pass (or race entry)
- During MTB season we will usually be camping out with the other ECCC teams at the venue. If you got a grill and bring it, kudos to you